Go Down

Topic: Uploading not working (Read 165 times) previous topic - next topic

entge001

Hi all,

I am new to Arduino projects and made a mistake developing code  :smiley-confuse: .
In hurry used digital pin 1 for my project and is now set HIGH. After uploading this sketch communication is not working any more.

Is there a way to kill the sketch what is saved in the Uno's memory and get uploading working again?

I found on the web ways to re-program the bootloader (and kill the sketch in the process) but I do not have a second Arduino to do that.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Gerard

GolamMostafa

Aug 13, 2018, 02:16 pm Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018, 02:17 pm by GolamMostafa
Close all IDE windows. Open a new IDE and try to upload the LED blinking program from the IDE example or any other sketch..

If you have still problem, reboot the PC; open an IDE window; upload the above-mentioned program. The problem should disappear.

Budvar10

Aug 13, 2018, 02:28 pm Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018, 02:31 pm by Budvar10
I found on the web ways to re-program the bootloader (and kill the sketch in the process)...
Surely not. The bootloader should persist there and after Arduino reset should listen to take  a new sketch as need.

Standard bootloader notify you about its presence by flickering of L LED immediately after reset.
Arduino clone with ATmega1284P   http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0

sterretje

The problem might be that you have connected something to pin 1; disconnect that.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up