Go Down

Topic: TB6612FNG can be powered through Vm pin only? (Read 229 times) previous topic - next topic

ExcitePrime

Hello everyone, this is related to the following topic, please read to have some related info: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=565660.0

So as I've said with the above topic (one at the link), the motor driven by TB6612FNG motor driver runs as expected from the code, even though it is powered through USB (Nano clone as the controller). When I remove the connection between Vcc pin of the driver and 5V of the Nano, and keep the Vm pin of the driver and Vin of the Nano, it still runs. Only when i disconnect Vm from Vin did the motor stops.

So the question is: Is the Vm pin and Vcc pin of the TB6612FNG connected in some way?

I'll try to hardwire a circuit in a way that there is no controller for the driver.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Robin2

Please make a simple drawing showing how you have things connected and post a photo of your drawing. See this  Simple Image Guide

It is too easy to misunderstand verbal descriptions of wiring.

Have you studied the Pololu TB6612FNG web page?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up