Go Down

Topic: Issue with the MKR Motor Shield (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mbazzouz

Hello,

I've received my kit a few weeks ago and I was able to get all the software installed successfully and communicating with the MKR 1000 without any problems. I followed the "Getting Started" chapter and was able to get to the open-look controller section and create a "myMotorCharacterization" controller using MATLAB and Simulink. The problem is as I was working through that section the model stopped working. More specifically, the gear motor stopped responding and sending feedback to the Simulink model. After a lot of tinkering, I realized that the lipo battery was the culprit and that it needed charging. After charging it and running the simulation again, I can now see the motor spinning, but the data is not sent back to Simulink/MATLAB. I suspect something is wrong with the process of reading from the encoder. The same problem persists if I use a different motor, so I have narrowed it down to the MKR Motor Shield. The MKR 1000 works fine. I tried (following instructions online) to run the flasher sketch and update the MKR Motor Shield's firmware, but the flashing process fails. So, I am now stuck and I cannot progress any further with the projects because of this issue.

If anybody has any suggestions, I would highly appreciate it.

-MB

Sravya Amirisetti

Hello,

Note that for the moment to successfully run the models in Simulink the SAMD library should have the version 1.6.12 and to run the flasher in Arduino IDE the SAMD library version should be 1.6.18.

We request you to upgrade the SAMD library version to 1.6.18 (Arduino IDE>Tools>Board>BoardManager>Samd library) and try to upload the flasher example again.

Let us know if you were able to solve the issue now.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Best Regards,
Sravya.

mbazzouz

Thank you, Sravya.

I had the SAMD library 1.6.19 version, so I downgraded to 1.6.18 and ran the flasher example under C:\Users\****\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MKRMotorCarrier\examples\ and here is what I get in the serial monitor, which tells me the flashing did not occur successfully:

Erase flash
Starting flash
Booting FW
New version:

Let me know what you think I should do.

-MB

Sravya Amirisetti

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

Can you please email us at engkit@arduino.cc and we will follow up on your issue.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Sravya.
Best Regards,
Sravya.

Mr_Bacon

Hi mbazzouz,

Were you able to get feedback issue resolved? Can you share the solution?

MathWorks

Have you tried emailing at engkit@arduino.cc as mentioned by Sravya?

Go Up