Go Down

Topic: tv show (Read 3997 times) previous topic - next topic

ardly

That would suck. :(
LOL. You know as I was reading your post #21 the theme tune for the series started being played on the radio. What are the odds of that? I suppose in the multiverse everything will happen. Must buy a lottery ticket.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

ChrisTenone

Sep 22, 2018, 05:40 am Last Edit: Sep 22, 2018, 05:42 am by ChrisTenone Reason: italicize names of a tv shows.
It's a 'luminati thing. You saw The X Files, right?
What, I need to say something else too?

TomGeorge

It's a 'luminati thing. You saw The X Files, right?
I have the full set, the wife and I used to have an X-Files binge ever so often.
Just play a DVD form start to finish, about 4 episodes I think.
Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

ChrisTenone

A couple years ago (before the reboot came out) I watched all the "story arc" shows - about 1/3 of the total. It was fun.
What, I need to say something else too?

AWOL

Sep 23, 2018, 09:40 am Last Edit: Sep 23, 2018, 09:41 am by AWOL
"Killing Eve" is quite brilliant.
Actually, quite a lot of good drama on TV at the moment - "Bodyguard", Press" and "Black Earth Rising" all very good.

TomGeorge

Hi,
I just IMDb  Black Earth Rising, its on my to watch list.

ardly

Hidden Figures is about African American women working in NASA during the space race and was interesting. It is not out yet but  First Man, which looks at the life of Niel Armstrong, should be worth a watch.

TomGeorge

Hi,
I went and bought the DVD of Hidden Figures, a good re-watch along with The Martian, Apollo 13, The Right Stuff.

ardly

Hi,
I went and bought the DVD of Hidden Figures, a good re-watch along with The Martian, Apollo 13, The Right Stuff.

Apollo 13 is a film that has stood the test of time. I have just checked and it is actually 23 years old. They certainly worked some movie magic getting the weightless shots,  I found the whole film very convincing.

ardly

Just found out that the Director of "First Man" is Damien Chazell who also worked on "Whiplash". A film about a young drummer and a psychopathic music instructer is not something I though I would enjoy but he succeeded in making a  gripping film on that weird topic. That is making me really interesed in seeing what he managed to do with First Man.

Go Up