Go Down

Topic: Can't reach my MKR1000 for uploading anymore (Read 616 times) previous topic - next topic

MickPF

Sep 15, 2018, 11:41 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2018, 11:41 am by MickPF
Hello,

I've written a little sketch for my MK1000 that does something for less than a second in "loop()" and then goes to sleep for a minute with the "LowPower.deepSleep (SLEEP_TIME)" command.
Since it sleeps most of the time, it is unattainable for uploading through Arduino IDE.

So I've written a shell script that executes the command

Code: [Select]
${HOME}/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/bossac/1.7.0/bossac -i -d -port=ttyACM0 -U true -e -w -v mySketch.ino.mkr1000.bin -R
in a loop until it succeeds (return value = 0).
But this does not reach the MKR1000 either.
I have tried to push the reset button several times while the loop is running, but it does not work also!
Does anyone have an idea how I can still achieve it?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

ron_sutherland

Sep 15, 2018, 09:26 pm Last Edit: Sep 15, 2018, 09:28 pm by ron_sutherland
Windows?

Your script has bossac trying to use serial port device ttyACM0, but it needs to be a COM port. The ttyACM0 is for Linux/BSD (where everything is a file and it would be -port=/dev/ttyACM0).

If you double tap the reset button the bootloader mode should start (with the SAMBA running) and a COM port will show up on Windows that bossac can use.

Note I am guessing at this, I don't have any of the MKRxxxx stuff, if its wrong, then I'm sorry.
my projects: https://github.com/epccs

MickPF

Sep 15, 2018, 09:57 pm Last Edit: Sep 15, 2018, 10:06 pm by MickPF
I'm using Linux on the host PC..
Window does not know neither paths with '/' nor device names aka 'ttyACM0', only stupid '\' and 'COMx'...

Yes, you are right: pushing reset button twice puts the device in bootloader mode!

Many Thanks for you fast help!

ron_sutherland

Code: [Select]
${HOME}...

Opps... that is not a batch file it is a bash file.
my projects: https://github.com/epccs

Go Up