Go Down

Topic: Arduno Power Output (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

lobitocubano

Hi i need to do some project with arduino right now but i need to arduino make an power output of 12V and 0.3A, and my question, arduino is capable of doing that??? because i need to power more than 300 electrodes with it, its possible to do it with transformers conected to arduino board?? thanks in advanced

Grumpy_Mike

but i need to arduino make an power output of 12V and 0.3A, and my question, arduino is capable of doing that??
No. Not without help. You need a 12V power supply and a transistor. You can not do it with transformers.

DVDdoug

Here is a driver circuit.

You will need a 12V power supply (not just a "transformer").   Transformers are AC.  

because i need to power more than 300 electrodes with it
What?   Do you need 300 individually-controllable 12V/300mA outputs?

outsider

@DVDdoug, your link don't work, try:
Driver Link

nielyay

project with arduino right now but i need to arduino make an power output of 12V and 0.3A
You should use external power supply, 12V 3A but do not directly to arduino.

ReverseEMF

Sep 19, 2018, 06:17 am Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 06:18 am by ReverseEMF
The Arduino has no 12V output.  Only a 5V output.  So, you could use a 12V power supply and connect it both to the Arduino via the power jack, AND to whatever you've got going on with those 300 "electrodes". 

Resurrecting something?
"It's a big galaxy, Mr. Scott"

Please DON'T PM me regarding what should be part of the Public Conversation -- Let it ALL hang out!!
Unless, of course, it's to notify me of a mistake.

Go Up