Please help with my MIDI project

Hi All,

I'm very close to giving up on my project after 3 months of trying to figure this out, I know it's not that hard but I have no idea what I am doing.

I have attached photos.

I want to be able to send MIDI data from my DAW to the Arduino then have it trigger 2 solenoids to hit a hi-hat, and also to control a servo that opens/closes it, or controlled by one of the potentiometers. I preferably want control over velocity too. I also want the 6 potentiometers to be able to act as macro knobs to control DAW functions of my choosing, probably a sequencer. Hardware wise it is all finished. The solenoids are on D3 and D5, the Servo is on D2. Pots on 0-5 inputs.

I managed to use the Ableton connection kit for Arduino, and was able to use the knobs as macro, and trigger the solenoids but only with key triggers, or as macro, I couldn't send any midi notes. I realise I need to use the IAC driver, and have figured that out. I have tried hairless MIDI, MIDIbus, processing etc. etc. But I have no idea how to even code or anything, I tried some examples, but don't understand what to change or if i can combine things together.

I would consider paying someone to just do this for me at this stage so I can just paste the code into my Arduino and finally finish this.

I appreciate any help given,

Thanks,

Sadamo

Ablton is notoriously hard to configure for some options, read this from the "Synthesizers" heading. How To Integrate External Music Hardware In Ableton Live : Ask.Audio

But I have no idea how to even code or anything,

That indeed is a problem.

I would consider paying someone to just do this for me at this stage

You could do that by posting in the "Gigs and Collaboration" section of the forum. But the problem would be that in order to get code working a programmer would probably need access to your hardware. Do you have any hack spaces close to you where you could get advice.