Go Down

Topic: Confused on Motorized Pinwheel  (Read 3346 times) previous topic - next topic

learn0and1

May 13, 2020, 07:27 am Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:31 am by learn0and1
Hi,

I'm working on the Arduino Project Book Chapter 09 Motorized Pinwheel.

What confuses me is how exactly the transistor is controlling the DC Motor. With the DC Motor's positive wire connected directly to the positive charge on the board along with the 9V battery, how does it not automatically start?

In addition, why are both the negative and positive wires of the DC Motor both connected to positive on the board? Although I'm sure it is probably related to the backwards diode.

I've tried searching online but either the info doesn't shed light on it or it's too technical for me to understand.  :o

Thanks in advance

tomstravelemail

What confuses me is how exactly the transistor is controlling the DC Motor. With the DC Motor's positive wire connected directly to the positive charge on the board along with the 9V battery, how does it not automatically start?
The motor needs a ground. Easy enough to test:  Wire it and then put the black ground wire directly to ground, motor runs. Now put it downstream of the MOSFET and it won't run--no ground until you press the switch.  Don't forget to link the 9V ground to Uno ground.

Go Up