Go Down

Topic: Q. INFO (major) (Read 172 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Oct 05, 2018, 12:56 pm Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018, 01:39 pm by ballscrewbob Reason: New info
There should be a write up and step through.

The UI seems self explanatory in the step through but some people may want to read up before hand on what is going to happen.
Then they will know what to expect as they do it.

Also the changes to the MKR1010 need to be documented.
It just stated that changes would be made that might affect future usage !
What are those changes and is there a sketch to REVERT those changes ?
Some people may be put off if they think they may partially BRICK thier new devices !

EDIT

The new firmware for the MKR1010 has just been released.

As this is one of the boards I am using for testing are there any special provisions I need to be aware of before doing the upgrade ?
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

endorama

Oct 08, 2018, 02:36 pm Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018, 03:04 pm by endorama
Hi @ballscrewbob!

Also the changes to the MKR1010 need to be documented.
It just stated that changes would be made that might affect future usage !
What are those changes and is there a sketch to REVERT those changes ?
Some people may be put off if they think they may partially BRICK thier new devices !
You're perfectly right, and we are on this!

The new firmware for the MKR1010 has just been released.
As this is one of the boards I am using for testing are there any special provisions I need to be aware of before doing the upgrade ?
AFAIK upgrading the firmware is suggested and should require no preparatory steps ( just follow the usual upgrade steps ).
I asked @facchinm and he told me to just use the steps published here http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=572378.0

ballscrewbob

Thanks.

Read the upgrade post first thing this morning hence the edit.
Good info from facchinm.

I presume that also means I will have to RE-DO the cloud steps possibly from the beginning ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

endorama

Really nice question. I think not, but I'm not sure.

From my understanding you should just upload back the "thing" sketch onto the board and everything should work.

Please try and let us know how it goes!

ballscrewbob

OK it didn't go so well initially but I am almost 100% sure it was not cloud related.

See https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=572378.0

Go Up