Go Down

Topic: Conditional information displayed on serial monitor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

SierraGolfMike

Oct 10, 2018, 04:27 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2018, 04:28 pm by SierraGolfMike
Did you try the Google search that I suggested?

...R
Yes I did Google VT 100 escape codes and found a few pages but none of them showed how to adapt them to Arduino! I have found a sample sketch where they use a

#define BLINK "\033[5m"   Then:

Serial.print (BLINK);  I assume that switches BLINK on and anything printed after will blink?

Am I correct in thinking that if I define all the codes I need, I just invoke them by using a Serial.print statement? Also can I use these in conjunction with Ansiterm, using some of each code.

Thanks

S

Robin2

Am I correct in thinking that if I define all the codes I need, I just invoke them by using a Serial.print statement?
That is how I would go about it.

Also can I use these in conjunction with Ansiterm, using some of each code.
I don't know what Ansiterm is.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

SierraGolfMike

Oct 10, 2018, 07:45 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2018, 07:47 pm by SierraGolfMike
I tried to run Rob Tillaart's VT100 sketch where he defines OFF. BOLD, LOWINTENS, UNDERLINE, BLINK and REVERSE using the relevant ANSI escape codes. I am using PuTTY but the BLINK and the LOWINTENS do not work, the rest do The BLINK just gives a background colour of grey. Does that mean that PuTTY does not support them?

Robin2

Does that mean that PuTTY does not support them?
You will have to read the PuTTY documentation for that.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up