Go Down

Topic: Vidor not detected on Win8/10 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

DonMil66

Hi,

Received my new Vidor 4000 and I am having no luck getting the device recognized by Win8 or Win10 system.  I have tried the stand-alone IDE and the web IDE.  I have installed the correct board pkg based on the Getting started instructions.

I plug the board into a USB port and see the green led go solid, ie, power.  I then see a flashing red led along with the green led.  In Windows I see no action inside of Device Manager and no banged out device, ie, unknown device.  No virtual com ports show up in DM either.

I am wondering if I have a bad board.  Not having a great Arduino experience...

Have I missed anything?

Thanks,

Don

DonMil66

FYI - after the 50+ plugin my device is getting recognized.  I was able to run the blink test fine.

Thanks,

-Don

MichaelBe

Hello,

I have the same Problem. My computer (Win 10) is not recognizing the Arduino. It is very strange. When I connect the VIN and GND to a powersupply, but do not turn on the power, the arduino is recognized in windows.

This is very strange.

Can anybody help me with that :)

Thank you.

Mike

foxrobotics

Hello,

I have the same Problem. My computer (Win 10) is not recognizing the Arduino. It is very strange. When I connect the VIN and GND to a powersupply, but do not turn on the power, the arduino is recognized in windows.

This is very strange.

Can anybody help me with that :)

Thank you.

Mike

Sounds like the USB connector may not be soldered in very well OR there is a connection issue in the USB cable itself. What plugging into your power supply likely did was ground the board to mains earth which your computer's USB also uses as a ground.

MichaelBe

I double checked it with several cables. So this can not be the problem.

So you think I have a "faulty" Arduino regarding to soldering issues?

MichaelBe

I checked it aigain.

--> It only works when I connect VIN and GND (on the Arduino) directly.

Very strange.

foxrobotics

I double checked it with several cables. So this can not be the problem.

So you think I have a "faulty" Arduino regarding to soldering issues?
I checked it aigain.

--> It only works when I connect VIN and GND (on the Arduino) directly.

Very strange.
Unless you have USB port issue, it sounds like you have a ground connection issue then. Do any of the LED's light up without your direct wiring fix?

MichaelBe

I solved it:

It was the foam material from the packaging. I just removed it and it works.

Thank you :)

Nik001

Dec 22, 2018, 11:37 pm Last Edit: Dec 22, 2018, 11:48 pm by Nik001
Hi all,
I am facing now a similar problem... In this days I receveid my new MKR vidor 4000 (very happy about that!) but when i started working with it i was stuck with a problem in the uploading process: windows an't find the board connected to the pc. I tryed to uninstall arduino IDE ( 1.8.8 ) and reinstalling it with samd beta core library (1.6.25) but the result was the same. I then tryed to use the online arduino editor, but with no luck i couldn't find any device connected. Anyone has some ideas about it? I'm looking forward to program it in this days :D .
Thank you,
Nik

Limba

Dec 23, 2018, 12:39 am Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018, 12:41 am by Limba
Did you take it out from ESD foam and put to bread board. ESD foam can pulldown reset so it's in reset.

Edit:
Shipped bootloader have issues. doubletap reset to get it programming mode.
New bootloader fixed this issue for me.

Nik001

Did you take it out from ESD foam and put to bread board. ESD foam can pulldown reset so it's in reset.
Yep, i lay it out over a non conductive surface (plastic). Moreover I tryed to manually set the board in the bootloader double pressing the reset button, but also in that case nothing is showing on w10 device manager, the only COM port present is "Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)"

Limba

Dec 23, 2018, 12:55 am Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018, 01:07 am by Limba
Yep, i lay it out over a non conductive surface (plastic). Moreover I tryed to manually set the board in the bootloader double pressing the reset button, but also in that case nothing is showing on w10 device manager, the only COM port present is "Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)"
When double press reset bib the red led start to do fading?

Edit:
Do you have any unknown or other device in device manager?

Nik001

When double press reset bib the red led start to do fading?
Yes It starts fading

Edit:
Do you have any unknown or other device in device manager?
No other devices unless i check the option show hidden devices, in that case It shows an uknown device "key_01" but i wasn't able to find any driver from its properties

Limba

Dec 23, 2018, 01:26 am Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018, 01:32 am by Limba
Try "View by connection" and check if that device is connected to usb controller

Edit:
I have asus MB
Red flashing
pci bridge / usb 3.0 controller / usb root hub / arduino MKR xxxxx   
Byteblaster clone
pci bridge / usb 3.0 controller / usb root hub / usb composite device / arduino MKR xxxxx

DarioPennisi

Hi guys,
You have to make sure Vidor is not sitting on the foam it was shipped with as that is conductive and messes up with the board.
Also, Vidor consumes quite a bit and not all USB ports, especially if 2.0 will be able to sustain the required current especially when complex bitstreams are loaded

Go Up