Go Down

Topic: ArduinoCloudThing (Read 252 times) previous topic - next topic

Swisslegend

For the Betta version can I get an example of how to update a property on a Thing?
I have a Thing called sensorTower with a property named LIGHT. When I say sensorTower.writeProperty(...) I get an error that says ArduinoCloudThing doesn't have a member named writeProperty.

ballscrewbob

Hi Swisslegend

Would also like to know how to pass properties around.

More used to Thinkspeak and EASYIOT where I can set criteria for things and act on them.

Some basic documentation for testers would be great.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

endorama

Updating properties should be transparent from the code.

The library should detect changes to properties automatically and send them to the cloud depending on the update strategy selected ( on change or timed ).

You can have a look at one of my example sketches https://create.arduino.cc/editor/endorama/6495d68b-6fca-4d38-970a-b67e2cf9c37d/preview

More used to Thinkspeak and EASYIOT where I can set criteria for things and act on them.
I suspect you are referring to being able to react to thing's properties from the cloud ( like ie. IFTTT)?

ballscrewbob

Oct 09, 2018, 03:40 pm Last Edit: Oct 09, 2018, 03:42 pm by ballscrewbob
Yes on the thingspeak I can set logical operators for actions.

EG "if x>y then do this" of course its done under the GUI itself.
Not sure how far away you are from anything like that ?

EDIT
Just seen the other replies...
You seem to be well on your way.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

endorama

@Swisslegend Please have a look at Examples topic. We will add examples sketches showcasing different features there.

Hope that clarify things a bit!

Swisslegend

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I'll figure it out.

Swisslegend

Very cool. The example provided by endorama cleared it all up. My properties in my sensorTower thing are being changed. Love it!

Go Up