Go Down

Topic: Examples / sketches ... Suggestion only (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Any examples / sketches that testers or DEV's use that may be allowed out for others to dissect and understand would be great if you could drop them in here with code tags and any allowable notes.

Just an idea.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

endorama

We are working on this, in particular wait for more info from @ubidefeo

albertian

This is a very simple example explaining the functioning of the callbacks:
https://create.arduino.cc/editor/albertian/cca6cf30-aa08-4122-965f-1391a83d736a/preview

If you follow the instructions in the comment on top of this sketch, you will be able to turn ON and OFF the LED of your board with a switch button from the thing dashboard.

ballscrewbob

Oct 10, 2018, 12:55 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2018, 02:04 pm by ballscrewbob
So glad I asked this.

It brought to light a FEATURE request.

If somebody shares a CREATE URL for a THING's sketch it would be fantastic if the THING was recreated from the SHARE URL.

YES I know how big that request is !
And YES I also know it would mean a lot of work.

That is my thinking outside the box LOL

Suggestion :-  how about  adding a SHARE THING option which should take a lot of the work out of it.
You might even be able to re-use some of the code from the CREATE share option.

Or maybe one of the packets that goes from CREATE to CLOUD or Vice Versa could initiate a copy of the THING URL for re-creating a second item in the new users cloud ? (probably a crazy idea)
It might require the board selection to be called again ?

EDIT:
Caffeine kicked in at last so word of the day is "COHESION"  between editor and cloud  :smiley-razz:

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

endorama

If somebody shares a CREATE URL for a THING's sketch it would be fantastic if the THING was recreated from the SHARE URL.
That's a nice feature to have and would drammatically help during testing :D  Thanks!

Suggestion :-  how about  adding a SHARE THING option which should take a lot of the work out of it.
You might even be able to re-use some of the code from the CREATE share option.
"share" means "look at my dashboard" or "copy my thing"? I suspect the second, but just for clarity.

Copying thing basically would require to duplicate the sketch and the thing for the "destination" user. The board ( or more correctly the device ) will necessary be "empty" and manual interaction would be required. In any case no-thing ( pun intended :P ) can work if the code has not been uploaded to a board and that board having been provisioned.
Is this answer clear enough? :)

ballscrewbob

Oct 10, 2018, 03:20 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2018, 03:25 pm by ballscrewbob
"share" means "look at my dashboard" or "copy my thing"? I suspect the second, but just for clarity.
All the above.

If somebody allows another user to see thier dashboard for a specific set up in my mind they are sharing the dashboard (read only) and allowing it to be copied.

In thingspeak there are essentially two dashboards.
First is private and where the OP makes his changes.
Second is a display only dashboard for external viewers.

I know having two dashboards is probably not feasible so a share option in some form would probably be the easiest to implement.

Go Up