Go Down

Topic: common ground, need help for my circuit (Read 219 times) previous topic - next topic

wurmi00

Nov 30, 2018, 07:05 pm Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018, 07:06 pm by wurmi00
Hello,

i built a circuit with 2 power inputs (arduino USB and 9v input). Maybe i have everything right but i am not sure.

Before i start to explain i attach my circuit drawing.

When i just connect the 9v input then my led on the arduino start to shine weak but everything work fine if i connect both the arduino and the 9v input. So i am not sure if my common ground is connected correctly. So maybe some of you could check my circuit.

Thank you.

Railroader

The first to do is to connect the grounds together for all power supplies. Then they have a base for the Exchange of signals between the different modules. Make this connection in one "central"place.
Use Your knowledge. If that's not enough, look for education.
Having knowledge, think outside the box to gain more of it. Only trains run like the train, on the rails. The rest run between the rails.

wolframore

Dec 01, 2018, 02:58 am Last Edit: Dec 01, 2018, 03:07 am by wolframore
you're missing power to the Arduino from the power board if you're going to supply power to the project from that board. But that's not recommended
Bad Boys Rate Our Young Girls But Violet Goes willingly - Get Some Now :) - ELI the ICE man

wvmarle

A circuit diagram would be most helpful because I really can't see what's connected where. Specific pins and so.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

wolframore

There is no 5v power supply to mega without using 9v through its own regulator
Bad Boys Rate Our Young Girls But Violet Goes willingly - Get Some Now :) - ELI the ICE man

wvmarle

There is no 5v power supply to mega without using 9v through its own regulator
OP indicates 5V in at the USB. That's a good 5V supply.

The regulator doesn't need 9V. 6.5-7V is enough.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

wolframore

Confusing because OP states with only 9v led is weak below that.

Go Up