Go Down

Topic: Use Arduino to Run 24v Motor with Microswitch  (Read 769 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

The shaft has a flat spot for the button to release. I've attached a pic.
I guess I have not yet figured out what question you are asking in relation to the motor and its microswitch.

I don't know what you know and what you don't know, and need help with.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

adwsystems

The shaft has a flat spot for the button to release. I've attached a pic.

But based on the previous reply, the contacts between COM and NO and COM and NC never switch. So what's the point?

azor32

If anyone else runs into the same problem, I was able to get to the bottom of the operation of this dc motor and its microswitch. The microswitch when open, switches the circuit path to include a 680 Ohm resistor. The addition of this resistor in the circuit momentarily (5ms or less) drops the current in the circuit to zero or near zero. I purchased an Adafruit ina219 sensor and added it to the circuit including a relay to switch on and off the dc motor. The sensor is able to detect when the current mA momentarily drops to 0 and stops the motor at the correct spot in the rotation.

Thank you everyone for your help. Got there in the end.

Aaron.

Go Up