Go Down

Topic: led controlled via sms (Read 169 times) previous topic - next topic

czamer

hi !

we need your help with our arduino and sim900a .we're a beginner about this project .can u help us to make our project successful???any help appreciated

this code is copied in these forum .but we dont know if it is working .so pls help us!!!

lesept

Oct 13, 2018, 11:42 pm Last Edit: Oct 13, 2018, 11:45 pm by lesept
What is the problem? Did you test your code?
Apparently, the code waits for an incoming SMS. The SMS must begin with '#' then 'a' (for the first led, maybe later you will control several leds), then
  • '0' to switch the led off
  • '1' to switch it on
  • 'S' to send back an SMS telling the led's status.

This last point must be changed, as for now the SMS does only contain 'LED STATUS: ON' whatever the status. You should change
Code: [Select]
 SIM900.println( " LED STATUS: ON ");                         // message to send
by
 if (led_status) SIM900.println( " LED STATUS: ON ");                         // message to send
  else SIM900.println( " LED STATUS: ON ");                         // message to send

and
void sendSMS(char led_status) {              //SEND SMS
by
void sendSMS(int led_status) {              //SEND SMS

But I can't test your code because I don't have a SIM900 module. I don't know if the way you manage the serial communication with the module is robust. You should read some tutorial (there is a good one here)
A force d'essayer on finit par réussir... Donc, plus ça rate, plus on a de chances que ça marche (proverbe Sharduinok).

Go Up