Go Down

Topic: Car immobilizer relay (Read 324 times) previous topic - next topic

Swaggles

Hi

Im trying to make a car immobilizer with an Arduino Nano, a fingerprint scanner and RFID reader

What Im trying to achieve is the following:

When I turn the key to ACC, the Arduino powers up and wants me to enter my fingerprint.
After showing my fingerprint to the module a relay makes the connection to enable starting the engine (I still want to turn the key though to start it, I dont want it to start automatically)
Not entering a fingerprint will cause the car to not start at all.
If something was to happen where I cant use my finger then the RFID tag will switch the relay after a valid tag has been shown

Now my question is how would I need to wire the relay? Do I need a 12V relay or will a 5v do?
Im not worried about the coding, only the wiring thats confusing me

If anyone could help me that would be appreciated

hammy

The important thing is the relay contacts are able to switch the load , choose on that basis .
The coil can be 5v or 12v - but don't drive it direct from the NANO.

Take precautions that whilst cranking the car the battery voltage will reduce .

Paul_KD7HB

Hi

Im trying to make a car immobilizer with an Arduino Nano, a fingerprint scanner and RFID reader

What Im trying to achieve is the following:

When I turn the key to ACC, the Arduino powers up and wants me to enter my fingerprint.
After showing my fingerprint to the module a relay makes the connection to enable starting the engine (I still want to turn the key though to start it, I dont want it to start automatically)
Not entering a fingerprint will cause the car to not start at all.
If something was to happen where I cant use my finger then the RFID tag will switch the relay after a valid tag has been shown

Now my question is how would I need to wire the relay? Do I need a 12V relay or will a 5v do?
Im not worried about the coding, only the wiring thats confusing me

If anyone could help me that would be appreciated
More thought needs to be given to your project. Between the ACC position and the START position, is an OFF position. So, your Arduino will no longer be aware of your fingerprint.

Paul

Go Up