Go Down

Topic: PCB layout engineer wanted (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

jaholmes

My steadily growing collection of moonlit projects has finally caught up with me, and I could use some help in keeping to my self-imposed schedule. :) This would be a small one-shot gig, but if it goes well, there may be more opportunities. 

In a nutshell:  I have a breadboard-proved circuit comprising roughly 20 ICs--ADC, amp, USB FIFO, and a dozen or so 74xx (started out with an Arduino, but I ended up whittling it down to logic).  I would like to supply an EAGLE schematic and some high-level layout guidance, and receive a layout from you.  Circuit feedback would be totally welcome (I'm not an EE) but is not expected/required.

Ideal candidate would be somebody who does this professionally and is looking to moonlight as well.  Flat rate preferred, but I'll entertain hourly.  NDA required.

Thanks for reading!
Aaron

DannySwarzman

In what form would you provide a description of the circuit? A picture? A list of connections?

Do you require surface mount or through hole technology?

Are there any special considerations for power consumption or board size? Components that need a heat sink?

jaholmes

Oct 19, 2018, 09:37 pm Last Edit: Oct 19, 2018, 09:38 pm by jaholmes
In what form would you provide a description of the circuit? A picture? A list of connections?

Do you require surface mount or through hole technology?

Are there any special considerations for power consumption or board size? Components that need a heat sink?
Hi, Danny -

I mentioned an EAGLE schematic above, but I could furnish it in some other way if necessary.  The EAGLE schematic would already convey the packages for each part (all SMD--SOIC and TSSOP stuff, mainly).  There are some large pin headers on the board that would dictate certain minimum board dimensions, but after that things are pretty flexible.  This is still in the proof-of-concept domain.  No special high-speed considerations needed, as the thing operates at a rather poky 1MHz.  No particularly hot-running components (certainly no heat sinks needed).  Naturally, if somebody picks this up and agrees not to go blabbing about it, they'll get a complete theory of operation.

Two-layer layout would be preferred for cost and for the ability to do quick-turn domestic fabrication at someplace like OSH Park.

bos1714

Hello there!

I've used Eagle for quite some time and I would enjoy making this PCB for you. Is the request still available?
Time line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.

jimLee

HEY Mr Holmes. You missed the last maker party (last Sat.) We now have not one but 2 EEs in town here you can use. One, Tycho, who did all my EE design work, moved into town and is addicted to doing stuff in the shop.

Drop me a line.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club
1012 9Th Street, Anacortes, WA 98221 (Around the back of building)

Go Up