Automated Heater

I am trying to use a 12v 200w heater (Amazon.com) to heat a small area and i want a temperature sensor connected to an arduino telling the heater when to turn on and off, the heater will also need a small fan, i plan to use one out of an old PC case i have lying around, that will need to be turned on and off with the heater (I would also consider leaving the fan on full time in order to have some airflow in the box). I'm looking for advice on how to set this up, i have good experience with electrical equipment physically but have very little knowledge in terms of layout and which parts to start with. I have basic knowledge in code but would also appreciate some help there too. Thank you in advance!

Remember that gravity makes the lighter, warmer, air go to the top of your enclosure. So, you need to be aware of where you are measuring the temperature. If you do put a fan in, that will help.

Paul

Depends on the temperature range you want - have a look at DS1820 , if the range suits these are good

Come on, be serious about playing the game!

Explain what this "small area" is, what box it is in, how precise the temperature is intended to be and how even?

Note whilst that heater is claimed suitable for heating "solids", it clearly is not designed for that purpose but actually for heating flowing gases (basically, air). You could not measure the temperature without airflow, so your fan needs to be on continuously.

We await more adequate information. :roll_eyes: