Go Down

Topic: MacOS Mojave (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

JacobusJP

My computer has been an update to macOS Mojave, 10.14.1
Now I get a warning about 32 and 64 bits (https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/HT208436)
In the future the arduino program will not work with MacOS

This is the message
"avr-g ++ is not optimized for Mac and needs to be edited.
This software does not work with future versions of macOS and needs to be updated to improve compartmentality. Contact the developer for more information."

What can I do to continue?

best regards JacobesJP

spycatcher2k

In the future the arduino program will not work with MacOS
OK, so 'In the future' is when you need to worry! This could mean tomorrow, or 10 years!
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

davetcc

Mojave will be the last macOS version to support 32 bit apps as I understand it. As it has just come out there's at least a year of just getting annoying warnings. I'm personally staying on high sieria while things get smoothed out.

But without changes in the tool chain, things will very likely stop working in the next major release. Personally, I don't know if there is a 64 bit AVR tool chain. Let alone 64 bit versions of other popular tool chains such as SAMD and ESP8266.

Is anyone closer to the toolchain side able to comment?
Long time Arduino user who enjoys DIY audio and AV equipment.

davetcc

Looking around I see there appears to be a 64 bit build of the core AVR toolchains, so I'd assume it comes down to packaging it etc.
Long time Arduino user who enjoys DIY audio and AV equipment.

jamesarm97b

Unfortunately that day is now. With OSX 10.15 beta releases you will no longer be able to run 32bit app. I check out my system report to see what I would be expecting to loose and 90% of the programs were Arduino related.

We need a native or 64bit compile of the IDE and the gcc / compiling apps.

avr-g++
avr-gcc
avr-gcc-ar
avr-objcopy
avr-size
avrdude
arduino ctags
arduinoCreateAgent
cc1
cc1++

Go Up