Go Down

Topic: Firmware Update 1.2.1 - available now, with BLE mode (Read 17918 times) previous topic - next topic

sughero

looking forward for the next release of the library with support for central mode... when is expected to be avaiable?

thetooth

Since no one is willing to help diagnose module not present error. Here it is:

The firmware .bin packaged in all of the nightly images IS corrupted, it is 264192 bytes where a valid firmware is 880640 bytes, I would not expect firmware adding a whole new radio stack to be less than half the size of the previous version.

You can confirm this when running the NINA updater as it will show No. of bytes being written.

A valid firmware file can be found under the ${ur_arduino_dir}/tools/WiFi1010/tool/firmwares/NINA/1.2.1/NINA_W102.bin right where you expect it to be. However the updater tool will ALWAYS use the firmware at ${ur_arduino_dir}/tools/WiFi101/tool/firmwares/NINA/1.2.1/NINA_W102.bin regardless of the chosen board, whether you update your libraries or not.

If you copy the image from the 1010 directory to the 101 directory it will flash it and fail on the verification step, this is also incorrect and can confirm it is working without issue including some preliminary BLE tests.

All builds seem to be broken like this with the exception of linux32 which doesn't include the 1.2.1 version at all.

DryRun

WiFi functionality (using the WiFiNINA library) cannot be used at the same time as BLE.
This is disappointing. Is this possible on other ESP32 boards?

ballscrewbob

@DryRun

Please explain "other ESP" boards as not all ARDUINO examples will work with common "esp" boards.

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

DryRun

@DryRun

Please explain "other ESP" boards as not all ARDUINO examples will work with common "esp" boards.

Bob.

For example, the Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266 and HUZZAH ESP32, or the Sparkfun ESP32 Thing.

ballscrewbob

Well none of those are the MKR series so best guess in NO.

At least not at this moment.

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up