Go Down

Topic: L298N Motor Controller Input Pins Not Workin (Read 261 times) previous topic - next topic

SighBorg121

I thibk there seems to a problem with my l298n.. Whenever i connect a 9v supply to vcc pin i.e 12v pin.. And gnd to gnd the l298n does not start so apparently i connected it to +5v and it started but then the input pins didnt work even with 5v logic from arduino or the normal way of applying a voltage on the IN1 OR IN2... Then i tried powering +5v with +5 from my arduino uno and disconnected the 9v battery but still no success...

BTW the motor A and B are micro dc hobby motor with rated supply almost of 6v.

As for the code that i used, is the standard where i declare two pins are output and make one high and the other low...

Another thing i want to point out is that whenever i connect power a red light comes on l298n, is it normal?

Also tried checking motors with a 9v supply but they were too noisy and shaky..

slipstick

I imagine you are talking about a motor driver board which uses an L298N. Which board is it? Please post a link to it and a circuit diagram showing your connections. Also post the code you are using - your idea of "the standard" may not be the same as anyone else's.

It may be a power problem because trying to run motors from either the Arduino 5V pin or a little rectangular 9V battery rarely works. Try 6 x AA cells instead.

Steve

SighBorg121

Nov 16, 2018, 06:16 pm Last Edit: Nov 16, 2018, 06:23 pm by SighBorg121
Exactly l298n IC with breakout board... Actually the board is very unusual none of the datasheets i have read apply to it.. Specially In the case of the 12 v pin as it doesnt work at all...

slipstick

If the only information you can provide about the board is that it "is very unusual", not even a picture that someone may recognise, then I'd say you're on your own trying to make it work. Good luck.

Steve

SighBorg121

Do you know any online circuit designing software so that i can show you the schematics? And ill be uploading the picture of the board as well

Go Up