Go Down

Topic: sketch won't properly transfer to laptop (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

UKHeliBob

Can you download it to the desktop PC, copy it to the laptop then run it ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

pert

No matter if I download from the official Arduino page, Firehorse or elsewhere
What is "Firehorse"? You definitely should not be downloading the Arduino IDE from anywhere other than the official downloads page on this website.

the exact same thing occurs-it fails to download then downloads on the very first retry. Every time.
That's not the problem I'm talking about. I'm talking about the problem of the filename being wrong. That indicates something is wrong on your computer that has nothing to do with Arduino.

saltyjoe

Can you download it to the desktop PC, copy it to the laptop then run it ?
I have 1.6.7 on my desktop and would be happy with 1.6.7 on the laptop. I didn't realize I could copy an entire program. Would I copy from the list of programs?

What is "Firehorse"? You definitely should not be downloading the Arduino IDE from anywhere other than the official downloads page on this website.
That's not the problem I'm talking about. I'm talking about the problem of the filename being wrong. That indicates something is wrong on your computer that has nothing to do with Arduino.
I just downloaded again from the Arduino site and it is 1_8_7. Windows 8 problem, computer problem, IDK.

UKHeliBob

Would I copy from the list of programs?
No, you would download the installation file(s), possibly a .zip, and copy it to the laptop and install it as if you had downloaded it directly to the laptop
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

saltyjoe

I searched my computer for installation files and didn't find anything associated with Arduino except this thread. I'm afraid I'd ruin my computer because I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks though.

Dermaptera

Change of the file name could be due to an over eager virus scanner trying to protect you from executables downloaded from the web.
Das Pferd frisst keinen Gurkensalat

saltyjoe

I did try turning off all protections from MalwareBytes but that made no difference. I think there's another protection type program I can try that with.

It's an old computer but new to me.

DKWatson

You can creates a portable version that requires no 'installation' and just copy the files.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mahatma Gandhi

Go Up