Go Down

Topic: Accessing your forum posts (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic

ericgrphone

Probably a stupid question, but can't seem to find the answer - is there a way I can find all the posts I've made to this forum.  I need to go back and reference an old post - I did a search by my username in the global search but nothing came up.

larryd

Jan 28, 2019, 02:10 am Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019, 02:24 am by larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

ericgrphone

saildude

I understand the part to click on my name here in the forum to see posts - BUT - what if I don't have a post to have my name displayed how do I find my posts?  When I click on the graphic on the top right of the page for Profile I go to an update my profile page and no where can I find a list of my posts - seems a waste to have to make a blank reply just to find my posts

thanks

larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

pert

Here's another way to find your previous posts, without having a previous post or a bookmark on hand:
  • Hover the mouse pointer over your avatar in the top right corner of any arduino.cc page.
  • Click "Profile".
  • Click "Forum Settings > Edit".
  • Click "Show Posts".

saildude

Thanks much both of you, bookmarked now and I also know the secret handshake, just never thought to look under Edit

pert

You're welcome. I agree that is very confusing.

Railroader

I got that answer some time ago. It shows both the topics I have created and posts I have commented. How to filter out the topics I have started?

pert

It shows both the topics I have created and posts I have commented. How to filter out the topics I have started?
I don't think there is any way. "Topics" shows only the topics you created but "Messages" contains everything.

Railroader

Clicking on my symbol, "profile", "Forum Settings  Edit", "Show posts" I get the choice between Topics and Messages. Topics show those I have created and Messages show both "my" topics and topics where I have written comments.

pert

Correct. That's what I said in my previous reply.

Railroader

Yes, You did! I is easy to choose "Messages" instead of "Profile". That's the dead end I have reached earlier.

Go Up