Go Down

Topic: ESP32 Minimal SPIFFS config won't run (boot: Assert failed in esp_crosscore...) (Read 723 times) previous topic - next topic

clarksn

Hi,

Been building a nice project on ESP32 TTGO with OLED and battery with hardwired sensors, but wanted to add BLE support for remote sensors (which I have tested the raw mechanics of in a little test sketch on its own) but adding it in to the main project bloats the app size to beyond the default partition maximum size thus resulting in a compile error due to the sketch being too big.

The project compiles with the Minimal SPIFFS (large Apps with OTA) Partition scheme selected (Tools menu) and apparently uploads OK but then the execution fails with the following Serial output (see below).  If I comment out the BLE initialisation the sketch size falls back below the default limit and the skethc uploads and runs fine (even with the Minimal SPIFFS partition scheme still selected)

Was using Arduino IDE 1.8.5 so have upgraded to 1.8.7 in case that fixed things but to no avail.  Been searching the web but most mentions seem to be about building different CVS files for the compile tools - which the recent IDEs seem to have and use already.

I also read elsewhere about needing to edit the ESP boards file  but this seemed to be dated information as the correct upload size seemed to be against the Minimal SPIFFS part of the config.

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Steve

Here's the serial response:

rst:0x8 (TG1WDT_SYS_RESET),boot:0x17 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fff0018,len:4
load:0x3fff001c,len:952
load:0x40078000,len:6084
load:0x40080000,len:7936
entry 0x40080310
E (130) boot: Assert failed in esp_crosscore_int_init, /Users/ficeto/Desktop/ESP32/ESP32/esp-idf-public/components/esp32/crosscore_int.c:93 (err == ESP_OK)

Go Up