Go Down

Topic: Censorship of legitimate opinion is not acceptable (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

PS, I don't want #10 to come off as a lack of appreciation.  What you do IS appreciated.  Celebrated even.  My only point is don't act as if it were forced on you.  You do it by choice.  If that choice makes you unhappy then choose differently. 
About the only thing that makes me unhappy is the thought that if I do foxtrot oscar away from the forum, I push more work onto the other mods.

Robin2

I hope it was clear from my Original Post in this Thread that I, also, have a high regard for the Moderators - with the exception of this particular issue.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

el_supremo

Quote from: ballscrewbob
Answered and dealt with your points by PM.
I thought you meant you had sent another PM answering my #8, but there still wasn't a new PM here this morning. Then I realized that you are referring to the three PMs you've already sent me.
If I thought that you had "dealt with" it in those PMs there would have been no need for me to post my message #8 here.

Tell you what. Post those three PMs here and show the world that it has been "dealt with". You needn't be concerned that your PMs contain quotes from my previous PMs. I explicitly give you permission to post your PMs in their unedited entirety.

Pete
Don't send me technical questions via Private Message.

Delta_G

Transparency?   El Supremo you have to understand how authority abhors transparency.  I doubt any of our moderators have the guts to try to do anything in full view of the public.  That might involve actually being able to logically defend their actions.  Why should they do that?  They are authority.  So what they say is right even if it isn't.  They get to define right and wrong as long as they keep it hidden.  That's why they do things that way. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

AWOL

That foxtrot oscar decision just got a little easier.

AWOL

Coming soon: "how many angels can dance on the head of an I/O pin?", and other trivia.

Delta_G

Dec 14, 2018, 07:24 pm Last Edit: Dec 14, 2018, 07:25 pm by Delta_G
That foxtrot oscar decision just got a little easier.
I have to say, you don't seem to enjoy being here much.  You tend to come across like it is some sort of chore, even when just answering questions on the boards.  I don't mean that as criticism.  It's genuine concern for you personally. 

I may be wrong.  You may be loving this.  And I don't know what else you got going on or what purpose this forum serves for you.  But I can't help but think it looks like you don't want to be here.

I know that if I had an employee who appeared to be so I would probably try to find another position for them.  Nobody should be forced into things that make them unhappy. 

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

Robin2

I doubt any of our moderators have the guts to try to do anything in full view of the public.
That's not nice.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

This Forum (every Forum) needs moderators to act as referees when the system gets abused and to help out when things get mixed up.

This Thread is only about a new Moderator who took it upon himself to act as editor - which is not a role for a Moderator. I am not aware of any of the other Moderators acting as editor except when Posts were abusive or repetitive.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

AWOL

I have to say, you don't seem to enjoy being here much. 
I'm not unhappy, I just detest petty meta-arguments - it detracts from what we're all here for (or at least what I hope we're here for)

I also detest petty, obtuse insults.

Delta_G

Go Up