Go Down

Topic: Anemometer Connection (Read 634 times) previous topic - next topic

mertdal77

Dec 08, 2018, 04:59 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018, 06:18 pm by mertdal77
Hello Friends!

I bought an Anemometer and dont know how to make a circut with breadboard. I mean I dont know how should I connect the wires to right places.  

Anemometer link (Very Similar product):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181741789708?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT,

Manual for anemometer is attached

Please help me guys

groundFungus

There seem to be several different types of output from the sensor (interface).  PNP, NPN, NPN with pullup and RS232.  Which interface does your sensor have?

jremington

Please post links to the actual product (not a "very similar product") and the actual product manual.

Most people won't open an anonymous file.

mertdal77

There seem to be several different types of output from the sensor (interface).  PNP, NPN, NPN with pullup and RS232.  Which interface does your sensor have?
How can I determine this? Everything is Chinese about my product.

mertdal77

Please post links to the actual product (not a "very similar product") and the actual product manual.

Most people won't open an anonymous file.
You are right I'm sorry. Manual is completely the same, mine Chinese so I want you to see the English Version. Products are looking same too, even the color of wires are same. Mine model is SY-FS2.

jremington

Please attach the English version of the manual to your post.

mertdal77

Please attach the English version of the manual to your post.
I attached it now.

groundFungus

On pages 5 and 6 of the manual, the options are specified.  Are the boxes checked in the manual that came with your unit?

terryking228

Dec 08, 2018, 06:30 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018, 06:30 pm by terryking228
Hi, Document shows many options:
---------------------( COPY )---------------------
1. pulse output type: □ NPN output

□ PNP output

□ NPN output with internal pull (4.7KΩ)

2. RS485 communication type

3. Voltage output type: □ 0-5VDC

□ 0-10VDC

4. Current Output: 4-20mA

5. Power: □ DC 5 ~ 24V

□ DC 12 ~ 24
-----------------( END COPY )----------------------

What version do you have??
Regards, Terry King terry@yourduino.com  - Check great prices, devices and Arduino-related boards at http://YourDuino.com
HOW-TO: http://ArduinoInfo.Info

mertdal77

Dec 08, 2018, 07:10 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018, 07:11 pm by mertdal77
Hi, Document shows many options:
---------------------( COPY )---------------------
1. pulse output type: □ NPN output

□ PNP output

□ NPN output with internal pull (4.7KΩ)

2. RS485 communication type

3. Voltage output type: □ 0-5VDC

□ 0-10VDC

4. Current Output: 4-20mA

5. Power: □ DC 5 ~ 24V

□ DC 12 ~ 24
-----------------( END COPY )----------------------

What version do you have??
I will learn it but I guess it must be Voltage Output: 0-5VDC. If we assume it is like that,
do you have any idea how to create the circut?

mertdal77

Features of the anemometer. 

Model: SY-FS2
Range: 0-30m/s
Output: 0-5V / 4-20mA
Required DC = 9-24VDC
Wiring: Red: +  Black: -  Yellow: Voltage Signal   Blue: Current Signal

Any ideas?

Paul_KD7HB

Features of the anemometer. 

Model: SY-FS2
Range: 0-30m/s
Output: 0-5V / 4-20mA
Required DC = 9-24VDC
Wiring: Red: +  Black: -  Yellow: Voltage Signal   Blue: Current Signal

Any ideas?
Before you hook anything to your arduino, Apply your 9-24 volts to power the device. + voltage to red. - voltage to black. Then connect your volt meter + to the yellow wire and the meter - to the black wire.

Spin the anemometer and see if you get any voltage readings on your meter. That will be your 0-5 volts that your Arduino will be reading. If you don;t see any volts, and you have connected the wires as stated, then stop, you have more research to do.

Paul

jremington

If you really have the 4-20mA output, connect a 220 Ohm resistor from the output to ground, and read the voltage across the resistor. It should range from about 0.9 V to 4.4V.

mertdal77

I have just tested my anemometer and found that it has (0-5)V output. Now, do you have any idea how should I connect my anemometer to Arduino Uno.

I am a mechanical engineer and it's my first project with this kind of principle. Please help me! 

groundFungus

Dec 10, 2018, 02:33 pm Last Edit: Dec 10, 2018, 03:00 pm by groundFungus
The analog inputs (pins A0 to A5) accept a 0 to 5V signal and convert that to an number between 0 and 1023 using the analogRead() function.  From there you would determine the voltage and apply a scale factor to convert to wind  speed.  Does your manual define the scale factor, maybe in volts per mile per hour or volts per kilometer per hour?

An analog to digital conversion tutorial.

Go Up