Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] Problem erasing a program (Read 559 times) previous topic - next topic

PlacaFromHell

Dec 08, 2018, 09:00 pm Last Edit: Dec 09, 2018, 06:03 am by PlacaFromHell
Hi. I loaded a program in my Arduino Micro which makes it act like a keyboard (when I plug it to my PC it recognizes the device as a keyboard). I want to erase it now, but I don't know how because I don't know how to tell my PC that this thing is an Arduino and not a keyboard. Any ideas?

Robin2

Dec 08, 2018, 09:14 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018, 09:15 pm by Robin2
Have you looked at this Page, which was the first one DuckDuckGo found when I searched for arduino micro keyboard upload

For the future, write your keyboard programs so that the Micro does not enter keyboard mode at the very start.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PlacaFromHell

What a shame  :( . Thanks dude.

Robin2

Does that mean "problem solved" ?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PlacaFromHell

Not realy, a friend have an idea and I want to write it here if it works.

PlacaFromHell

Just did an AVRdude copying the text of a program that I loaded to another Arduino and paying attention to the device manager to see when the thing is bootloading. Something like that:

C:\Users\Franco\Desktop\PASTAVASE\HERRAMIENTAS\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\Franco\Desktop\PASTAVASE\HERRAMIENTAS\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM12 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Franco\Desktop\avrdude-5.11-Patch7610-win32\Soarer_WYSEverter_v1.30_atmega32u4.hex.hex:i

sterretje

You just need to build a safe guard. I use a pin, configured with INPUT_PULLUP. I will only send keyboad or mouse commands if reading that pin results in LOW; so I need to short it actively .
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up