Go Down

Topic: How to set PWM frequency to 1 Hz on an UNO (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ChrisTenone

Actually the above linked video is not fast talking at all. It's part of an electrical engineering course taught by my colleague Bob Paz, in neighboring New Mexico (NMSU.) He explains things well, and has an easy going s l o w style. He's a pioneer of bringing Arduino into the legitimate EE classroom.
What, I need to say something else too?

dougp

Actually the above linked video is not fast talking at all. It's part of an electrical engineering course taught by my colleague Bob Paz, in neighboring New Mexico (NMSU.) He explains things well, and has an easy going s l o w style. He's a pioneer of bringing Arduino into the legitimate EE classroom.
I did not mean to imply that it was.  My intent was to contrast Paz's videos with myriad others which are  too fast.  Paz's delivery is at a pace I at least, can absorb much better than the staccato "now-you've-seen-this-complex-concept-here's-something-else-that-builds-on-that-let's-see-how-this-new-thing-works-and-now-you-know-how-to-do-X" style.  Don't get me started on the frenetic mouse thing.
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.  If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. - Niels Bohr

No private consultations undertaken!

Railroader

Because of the latest # I watched 23 minutes the video. I say it's really a good video, understandable for second language people. Completely different from all those hotted ass videos. It is greate! Nevertheless I appreciate the direct help I got. Following the good video, understanding and picking up a lot of importanrt details had been a project of its own. I have done that many, many times, breaking new grounds, but now it feels much better to ask, "how do I do it".
Use Your knowledge. If that's not enough, look for education.
Having knowledge, think outside the box to gain more of it. Only trains run like the train, on the rails. The rest run between the rails.

ChrisTenone

I did not mean to imply that it was.  My intent was to contrast Paz's videos with myriad others which are  too fast.  Paz's delivery is at a pace I at least, can absorb much better than the staccato "now-you've-seen-this-complex-concept-here's-something-else-that-builds-on-that-let's-see-how-this-new-thing-works-and-now-you-know-how-to-do-X" style.  Don't get me started on the frenetic mouse thing.
Ah, I see. Although I do think Bob Paz does a bit too much mousing.

I usually don't like any you tube tutorials. I like the written word, cause then I can take it in at whatever speed works for me. But I guess the younger generations prefer video, and can keep up, so what ever floats their boats.
What, I need to say something else too?

dougp

Ah, I see. Although I do think Bob Paz does a bit too much mousing.
 I like the written word, cause then I can take it in at whatever speed works for me.
I'm with 'ya.  That's why there's a dead tree C++ book on my XMAS list.
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.  If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. - Niels Bohr

No private consultations undertaken!

Go Up