Go Down

Topic: NRF24L01 not sending sensor data? (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic

mophead182

Dec 16, 2018, 02:26 pm Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 02:28 pm by mophead182
I'm using a NRF24L01 to transmit sensor data from one Arduino Nano to another. The sensor the transmitting nano is connected to is an ADXL377 G force sensor. The transmitting nano looks at A0 (G force in the X direction) and should send the data to the receiving nano, where the value is then printed.

I can read the ADXL377 data from the transmitting nano fine. I can send an integer from one nano to the other fine. When I need to combine the two I get no results. As soon as I ask the nano to read the A0 pin and transmit this value I run into problems and get no output from the receiver. Any ideas why that is? Thanks!

Transmitting Nano Code:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>
RF24 radio(7, 8 );
const byte address[6] = "00001";
int x;
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  radio.begin();
  radio.openWritingPipe(address);
  radio.setDataRate(RF24_2MBPS);
  radio.setChannel(125);
  radio.setPALevel(RF24_PA_MIN);
  radio.stopListening();
}
void loop() {
   x = analogRead(A0);
  Serial.println(x);
  radio.write(&x, sizeof(x));
  delay(5);
}

Reciving Nano code:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>
RF24 radio(7, 8 );
int x;
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  radio.begin();
  radio.openReadingPipe(0, address);
  radio.setChannel(125);
  radio.startListening();
}
void loop() {
  if (radio.available()) {
    radio.read(&x, sizeof(x));
    Serial.println(x);
  }
}

Robin2

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

Wireless problems can be very difficult to debug so get the wireless part working on its own before you start adding any other features.

The examples are as simple as I could make them and they have worked for other Forum members. If you get stuck it will be easier to help with code that I am familiar with. Start by getting the first example to work

Also, it is not a good idea to use single character variable names (other than in FOR loops) as it makes it almost impossible for a text editor to highlight all the occurrences of a variable.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

bitbank

I'm using a NRF24L01 to transmit sensor data from one Arduino Nano to another. The sensor the transmitting nano is connected to is an ADXL377 G force sensor. The transmitting nano looks at A0 (G force in the X direction) and should send the data to the receiving nano, where the value is then printed.

I can read the ADXL377 data from the transmitting nano fine. I can send an integer from one nano to the other fine. When I need to combine the two I get no results. As soon as I ask the nano to read the A0 pin and transmit this value I run into problems and get no output from the receiver. Any ideas why that is? Thanks!

Transmitting Nano Code:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>
RF24 radio(7, 8 );
int x;
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  radio.begin();
  radio.openWritingPipe(address);
  radio.setChannel(125);
  radio.stopListening();
}
void loop() {
   x = analogRead(A0);
  Serial.println(x);
  radio.write(&x, sizeof(x));
  delay(5);
}

Reciving Nano code:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>
RF24 radio(7, 8 );
int x;
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  radio.begin();
  radio.openReadingPipe(0, address);
  radio.setChannel(125);
  radio.startListening();
}
void loop() {
  if (radio.available()) {
    radio.read(&x, sizeof(x));
    Serial.println(x);
  }
}

I wrote a detailed blog post about all the reasons nRF24 modules don't work: nRF24 blog post
Library? We don't need no stinkin' library...we write our own

Whandall

Dec 16, 2018, 09:51 pm Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 09:52 pm by Whandall
I wrote a detailed blog post about all the reasons nRF24 modules don't work: nRF24 blog post
You forgot about one of the main problems, bad (insufficient) power supply.

You can hardly power the normal units from the mini's 3.3V, a capacitor of 2-10 microfarad helps,
for the PA LNA modules you need a separate 3.3V supply to run them reliably.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. (D.Adams)

Go Up