Go Down

Topic: nano 2 axis laser control mods (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

kaighn80

Dec 18, 2018, 01:50 pm Last Edit: Dec 19, 2018, 10:01 am by kaighn80
hi peeps, as usual im not sure if this is the right place to be looking for this but im sure someone can point me in the right direction. i bought myself a cheap Chinese laser engraver from eblag, the control module is just a nano with a couple of a4988 stepper drivers, it was one of those diy kits so after building it up i ran a few bits to see how well it would work and to check some of the settings, the steps were really visible so i thought i could just hook up the jumpers i didnt see in the packaging and then go to 1/16 stepping, having removed the a4988 there isnt any jumpers, so instead i swapped the whole thing for an uno with a cnc shield and drv8825's that i had spare, so now i have this spare board that needs a few tweeks. im not so concerned with the micro stepping mods, ill just bring the right pins high and that should be that, might use dip switches, anyway, what i was more interested in was what pins were unused on the nano so they could be used for end stop input or other things so that the board can be used as a control for moving the x and y axis on a small mill, more for positioning than anything else, maybe even some power feed applications. dont suppose anyone here has a pin out for this kind of module

any help is as usual gratefully received.

Paul_KD7HB

hi peeps, as usual im not sure if this is the right place to be looking for this but im sure someone can point me in the right direction. i bought myself a cheap Chinese laser engraver from eblag, the control module is just a nano with a couple of a4988 stepper drivers, it was one of those diy kits so after building it up i ran a few bits to see how well it would work and to check some of the settings, the steps were really visible so i thought i could just hook up the jumpers i didnt see in the packaging and then go to 1/16 stepping, having removed the a4988 there isnt any jumpers, so instead i swapped the whole thing for an uno with a cnc shield and drv8825's that i had spare, so now i have this spare board that needs a few tweeks. im not so concerned with the micro stepping mods, ill just bring the right pins high and that should be that, might use dip switches, anyway, what i was more interested in was what pins were unused on the nano so they could be used for end stop input or other things so that the board can be used as a control for moving the x and y axis on a small mill, more for positioning than anything else, maybe even some power feed applications. dont suppose anyone here has a pin out for this kind of module

http://i.imgur.com/UWfBUxw.jpg

any help is as usual gratefully received.
Before I waste any time thinking about your problem, please REWRITE your post and use real sentences with the beginning word beginning with a capital letter and ending with a period. Separate paragraphs might also be helpful.

Paul

Robin2

Before I waste any time thinking about your problem,...
You are a saint. I tried to read it and didn't even take the time to say what you said.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

kaighn80

Thanks for the replies, it was a rushed message I wrote during my lunch hoping for help with Arduino not an English grammar lesson. I assume neither of you can help so I'll wait for someone who can.

Robin2

Thanks for the replies, it was a rushed message I wrote during my lunch hoping for help with Arduino not an English grammar lesson. I assume neither of you can help so I'll wait for someone who can.
Feel free.

If it was my problem I would doing all I can to make it easy for people to help me.

Make haste slowly :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

kaighn80

I'm not going to apologise for writing the way I speak, yes it's different but then so am I, you crack on matey but so that you know your taking the piss out of someone with Asperger syndrome, pretty sure you wouldn't do it to my face.

MorganS

Help us to help you. Edit your post so that your link is clickable or study the "How to use this forum" to embed the image inline.

I'm browsing on a phone that doesn't have right-click "open this URL". Reading your current attitude has not motivated me to copy-paste the link.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

kaighn80

ive changed the text so the image is now viewable without copy and paste shenanigans, ill apologize for rushing that bit. and ill apologize that my post came across as having a difficult attitude.

Go Up