Find & replace multiple tab

Arduino IDE 1.8.8
Program marlin 1.1.9
CTRL+F brings up the search box.
'tick' Search all Sketch Tabs

The 'text' is found in all the tabs, but no idication as to which Tab it is found in, or have I missed somethng obvious?

It's not clear to me what the problem/confusion is. Maybe you could provide more details.

Each time you click the "Find" button, it searches for the next occurrence of the text and highlights it. When you have "Search all Sketch Tabs" ticked, this will be done across all the tabs of the sketch. The current tab is highlighted in white and the others are in teal.

Yes, I now see what your saying.

It works for the tabs showing on the screen, but Marlin has many more tabs which are not visible.

I see now. The tab name is shown in the title bar of the Arduino IDE. The Arduino IDE doesn't do a great job of making it easy to work with sketches that have lots of tabs. The upcoming version of Marlin is actually going to have only 3 tabs, which are configuration files where the average user might need to edit. The rest of the Marlin source code is in a subfolder where it will not appear in the Arduino IDE. So you would probably end up using a more capable text editor if you needed to make changes to any of those files.

Looking closer at the title bar does show the tab, but the contrast between the text and the background is difficult to see.

Problem solved, Thanks,

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance.
Per