Go Down

Topic: BME680-How to run BSEC examples? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

minhlb

I've already successfully got the temperature, humidity, pressure and resistance values thanks to Adafruit libraries of BME680. To get the IAQ index (in ppm), it is said to use BSEC library from Bosch, which is available from GitHub as well (BSEC library). However I got the following error after modifying the platform.txt file (found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr) as instructed in the link.

WARNING: library bsec claims to run on (samd, sam, esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s).
GetFileAttributesEx C:\Users\LBM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\bsec\src\atmega328p: The system cannot find the file specified.
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

It seems BSEC library does not support Atmega328p? Could anyone tell me how to use this library? And if could not, does anyone know how to calculate the IAQ index based on the gas resistance values, which are the register values? Thank you very much for your time.

pylon

It seems BSEC library does not support Atmega328p?
It does support the ATmega2560 which might be similar enough to get results. But as this library is binary-only I would not use it at all. Any small change to the Arduino IDE might quit support for this library. If Bosch is unable to provide an open source library boycott them.

tvurce

Yes, in Bosch Sensortec are bunch of idiots with their closed source binnaries!!!! And so complex and problematic run and useless manuals :(

But someone can have this sensor and want good outputs and Bosch library outputs best and with IAQ and now with eCO2 too. And this could be usefull.

If someone could help with how to compile Boschs sample for BME680, it will be great.

For example, I am with ESP32 and latest Arduiono IDE in troubles.

Go Up