Go Down

Topic: Help selecting touchscreen display (Read 388 times) previous topic - next topic

Reburg99

I'm looking for a 3.5"+ touchscreen display for lighting controls.  I would like to be able to add buttons and  sliders to the program to control colors, zones and brightness.  Trying to find one with good library support, for this.  Please let me know if you need additional details.

PerryBebbington

I have 3 completed projects using Nextion displays. I think they will do all you ask. I have not used any libraries, I had no trouble driving them with my own code. I will just point out that while I am very familiar with driving them with a PIC I am still finding my way around driving them with an Arduino. That said, it seems easy enough.

Some useful advice here

Reburg99

I have 3 completed projects using Nextion displays. I think they will do all you ask. I have not used any libraries, I had no trouble driving them with my own code. I will just point out that while I am very familiar with driving them with a PIC I am still finding my way around driving them with an Arduino. That said, it seems easy enough.

Some useful advice here
Those look like a viable option and reasonable priced as well.  8 GPIO are plenty for what I have in mind.  I don't know how the LED strips would like the 3.3v for the data.  I'm going to be using either 2811 or 2812, haven't decided yet.  A couple of the runs are a little bit longer, but I don't know how much  that really matters in the end.

PerryBebbington

Those look like a viable option and reasonable priced as well. 8 GPIO are plenty for what I have in mind. I don't know how the LED strips would like the 3.3v for the data. I'm going to be using either 2811 or 2812, haven't decided yet. A couple of the runs are a little bit longer, but I don't know how much that really matters in the end.
Only the enhanced models have the 8 GPIO connections, they are not present on the basic model.

Although I've not tried I would not expect that the GPIO ports on the Nextion displays would drive 2811 or 2812 LED strips, if you discover they can then please let me know.

Although the Nextion displays have a built in programming language it is like the most simplified version of C you could imagine, more C-- than C++. It works, you can do stuff with it, but in my designs I did most of the processing on the host.

Reburg99

Ah, ok.  I was wondering what the differences were.  Guess I'll look around and see what I can dig up.

PerryBebbington

Reburg99

Are you aware of Nextion web site ?
nope had not ran across that one yet.  I was just looking around on https://nextion.itead.cc/

Go Up