Go Down

Topic: Vidor not detected on Win8/10 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nik001

Dec 23, 2018, 10:02 am Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018, 12:15 pm by Nik001
Try "View by connection" and check if that device is connected to usb controller

I can't find any MKR device also in view by connection... It seems like w10 can't detect I am connecting vidor to it.

Also, Vidor consumes quite a bit and not all USB ports, especially if 2.0 will be able to sustain the required current especially when complex bitstreams are loaded
I checked also this thing and my pc has usb 3.0 ("ss" symbol near it).

Edit:
I tryed to install arduino 1.8.8 with samd beta on another PC, but the result is the same. One thing i notice is that w10 doesn't make sound when i plug in the board, is this linked to the fact that device manager won't show anything about the vidor and if so, would it be a w10 problem or a Vidor driver problem?

Limba

One thing i notice is that w10 doesn't make sound when i plug in the board, is this linked to the fact that device manager won't show anything about the vidor and if so, would it be a w10 problem or a Vidor driver problem?
Connecting sound will come when win10 detects device. For hi current consumption I recomment these nimi usb cables that was done for supporting hi current charging.

BTW are you using laptop?
I think laptops monitor used current and may not allow for hi current device if usb device haven't asked for it.

Nik001

Connecting sound will come when win10 detects device. For hi current consumption I recomment these nimi usb cables that was done for supporting hi current charging.

That made my day! Thanks so much Limba, I tryed with 4 different cable, three of them with no luck, the last one (with the difference that was shielded) was succesful in connecting the device! Now I have updated the bootloader and I can start playing with it.

Limba

Dec 23, 2018, 04:07 pm Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018, 04:26 pm by Limba
That made my day! Thanks so much Limba, I tryed with 4 different cable, three of them with no luck, the last one (with the difference that was shielded) was succesful in connecting the device! Now I have updated the bootloader and I can start playing with it.

I have also noticed that sometime usb cables mini connector will worn out when using too much so have many spare cables. Some times I use electronic component vendor for ordering usb cables. These are usually same that are delivered with products and cheaper.

Go Up