Go Down

Topic: IMU libraries. Or pinmode() mapping? (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

MIKEMARTENS2011

I want to use the onboard IMU unit for the Rev 2, but so far have found only libraries that use I2C to communicate with an external IMU unit. Does anyone know of libraries to use the Rev2 onboard IMU unit?

A related issue is understanding the mapping of pinmode() to the UC1 output pins. If I know these mappings, then I might be able to modify a LSM6DS library to communicate with the onboard IMU via the output pins of the UC1. Does anyone know where I can find these mappings for pinmode()?

westfw

JanZuiderveld

Did you get the IMU unit to work? If so, would you like to share your resources?

woolsey

I just recently created an article on how to access the onboard IMU of the Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 at https://www.woolseyworkshop.com/2019/01/23/accessing-the-imu-on-the-new-arduino-uno-wifi-rev2/.

In a nutshell, you can select the SparkFun LSM6DS3 Breakout by SparkFun Electronics library from within the Library Manager and then change the constructor in the example sketches from

LSM6DS3 myIMU;

to

LSM6DS3 myIMU(SPI_MODE, SPIIMU_SS);

Hope this helps,
jw

JanZuiderveld

Go Up