Go Down

Topic: Windows 10 wont recognize Uno R3 anymore (Read 421 times) previous topic - next topic

Redfoxone

Dec 19, 2018, 09:20 am Last Edit: Dec 19, 2018, 09:21 am by Redfoxone
Hello,

I hope someone can help me out or point me to the right direction.
After I got my Uno R3 I got starten with the example projects.
First the blick program with not giving any issues.
After that I did the servo project and the servo started to move like expected.
But then the leds started to go off and on and I removed the Uno from the usb port.

But after that the Uno is not recognized anymore in Windows 10, also tried it on a other laptop and i got the same message.
Windows says "It can be added because of previous errors" on both pc's

I tried the "Loop Back" test but cant get past 5.

I dont have a other programmer/uno board so I cant upload the usb controller of bootloader.
This is the last option I think i can try to do.

ballscrewbob

Please run through the items below first and also please read the posts at the top of this section of the forum.

Are you using the ONLINE editor or the desktop ?
Can windows see the board in DEVICE MANAGER ?  (if it shows an error please copy and paste that back here)
Is it a CLONE or ORIGINAL arduino ? (we don't care but it does make a difference)
Are you using a USB 2.0 port ? (some USB 3.0 chipsets can cause issues)
Are you inserting the USB cable fully ?
Have you tried another USB cable ?
Ensure nothing else is connected to the board !
What Antivirus / protection software do you have ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

The problem sounds like you have blown something up due to an overload. when you connect the Uno to the PC, does something get hot?

Which Uno (make, link)?

Let's start with which servo you have. Was it part of a kit or did you buy one separate?

If the servo came with a kit, which one? Did it come with instructions how to connect it? Please provide a link to those instructions (most can be found on the manufacturer's website).

How did you power the servo?

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Redfoxone

Dec 20, 2018, 11:57 am Last Edit: Dec 20, 2018, 12:36 pm by Redfoxone
- Please run through the items below first and also please read the posts at the top of this section of the forum.
I tried to search for the problem but I did not found the solution

- Are you using the ONLINE editor or the desktop ?
Desktop
-Can windows see the board in DEVICE MANAGER ?  (if it shows an error please copy and paste that back here)
No windows cant recognize the board when i connect the board it is says:
USB device is not recognized, The last USB device who connected to this computer caused a error …(translated from duth)
- Is it a CLONE or ORIGINAL arduino ? (we don't care but it does make a difference)
Original
-Are you using a USB 2.0 port ? (some USB 3.0 chipsets can cause issues)
Tried both
- Are you inserting the USB cable fully ?
Yes
- Have you tried another USB cable ?
Yes
- Ensure nothing else is connected to the board !
Done that

- The problem sounds like you have blown something up due to an overload. when you connect the Uno to the PC, does something get hot?
Nothing is hot, when connecting a servo it is working I just cant connect it to the pc and upload a new sketch
- Which Uno (make, link)?
newest model:
https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-uno-rev3

How did you power the servo?
- Direct to the board.
gnd to gnd
5v to 5v
signal to signal(9 pin)

I'm afraid I blownup the ATmega16U2 or the software on it got corrupted or something like that.

I'm waiting to receive a ISP programmer to continue trouble shooting
I have the skills/tools to replace the ATmega16U2 but dont know where to get one.

ballscrewbob

There are multiple sources for the 16U2.

Maybe tell us which country you are in ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

DrAzzy

Sounds like you damaged the 16u2.

We see a lot of posts from people with boards that use the 16u2 and do something that should be fine, or might put a little noise on the power rails blow the 16u2 - this is not an issue with clones based on ch340g or cp2102 serial interface - on those, the serial interface chip is harder to damage than the rest of the board.
ATTinyCore for x4/x5/x61/x7/x8/x41/1634/828/x313 megaTinyCore for the megaavr ATtinies - Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Redfoxone

There are multiple sources for the 16U2.
Maybe tell us which country you are in ?
Nevermind, got one from aliexpress :)

Go Up