Go Down

Topic: Can you give me some advice on zener diode (Read 436 times) previous topic - next topic

kangyunmei

Hi, I am a total novice when it comes to circuit boards and was wondering if someone could help me. I have a Horizon Omega CS treadmill and there was a loud bang when I plugged it in last week and the circuit board had blown a couple of transistors and a couple of zener diodes. As the diodes have blown, I am unable to test what voltage ones I would need to replace them. I am attaching a picture and would be really grateful if someone could help me. I have looked online for a diagram of the circuit board

Thank you

Paul__B

You are proposing to repair a consumer appliance?

And you describe yourself as "a total novice when it comes to circuit boards".

And you attempt to post links to a forum that requires a login to view it?

OK, I am not just trying to be harsh, but repairing a switchmode power unit in a treadmill is a major challenge to the best of us.   :smiley-eek:

Whether or not I am in that category, the said power board from a treadmill which was handed me by a colleague a few years ago (in the absence of the actual treadmill or needless to say, any information) with a view to my repair, is still sitting pristine in my trophy cabinet as an object for contemplation.

MarkT

Unlikely to be zener diodes.  Schottky diodes sounds much more likely.

Suggest posting a photo, good lighting, legible markings on components, might be able to tell
more.
[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

jremington

Dec 20, 2018, 03:43 am Last Edit: Dec 20, 2018, 03:43 am by jremington
pristine in my trophy cabinet
Why not share a photo of this obviously treasured acquisition?

Go Up