Go Down

Topic: Voice Box (Read 26488 times) previous topic - next topic

AndyRehn

Hello,

I want to make a  "voice box" (for lack of a better term).  The idea is you push a button and it plays a recorded (stored on a sd card) saying at random.  Has anyone seen something like this?

I was thinking of using an Arduino UNO with a sd card module, connecting a button and speakers. I'm not sure about where to start for the code. Can anybody push me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

cloxart

You can look at this:
https://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/DFPlayer_Mini_SKU:DFR0299

I recently made something very similar for a museum, in which you could select different war heroes interviews to listen to

wvmarle

Should be very easy, just a few lines of code really.

Upon button press you select a random number (from 0 to the number of tracks available), then play the corresponding track. When done wait for the next button press.

The DFPlayer is a popular mp3 player for use with Arduinos, and should do the job for this application.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

AndyRehn

Thanks for the quick responses. Your answers are extemely helpful.

xl97

Jan 09, 2019, 07:11 pm Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019, 07:11 pm by xl97
Should be very easy, just a few lines of code really.

Upon button press you select a random number (from 0 to the number of tracks available), then play the corresponding track. When done wait for the next button press.

The DFPlayer is a popular mp3 player for use with Arduinos, and should do the job for this application.
^ this.
Shouldnt take you more then 1 hour to set it up and finish it!

Go Up