Go Down

Topic: Inserting images in posts is a pain!!! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

MrGlasspoole

Why cant we insert images (attachments) in posts?
I guess Simple Machines has this function?

Is there anybody working on this forum because it took ages until it was possible to change the email address?

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MrGlasspoole

That's the opposite of simple and a waist of time and the reason for this posting because i just had to do that.
Posting, copying all links to a text editor and checking what link is which image (because there are not even thumbnails), edit posting and copying them back...

This is the only forum where you have to do that.

Robin2

I agree it's a PITA, but the instructions I gave you are the best I could do.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

MrGlasspoole

Thanks. But the idea was that some admin does read this - if they have some...

It can't take more than a hour to make this work...

Robin2

Thanks. But the idea was that some admin does read this - if they have some...

It can't take more than a hour to make this work...
First. the folk who maintain the Forum never seem to read it - and I have complained about that many times.

Second, I suspect it would take a lot more than an hour to develop a reliable fix, test the code and then roll it out.

...R

MrGlasspoole

A view years back i did webdesign and 10 years ago it already was a standard feature of most forum software i know.
If not it's just a plugin or copy & paste some code.

ChrisTenone

Dec 31, 2018, 05:33 am Last Edit: Dec 31, 2018, 05:35 am by ChrisTenone
Just believe this, and it will all make sense: there are no administrators here.

It's like this: Riverworld
What, I need to say something else too?

Go Up