Random LED flashes with Teensy 3.2 and Prop Shield

Hey,
I am having some serious Problems with my APA102 Led Strip, Teensy 3.2 and Prop Shield. I hope you can help me!
So I have a Led Strip with 120 Leds and I have my Teensy and Prop Shield hooked up to it. I have a Code running on the Teensy that just turns the first 30 Leds blue. But after some time (usually around 5-15 secounds) it starts getting crazy. All the Leds start to flash randomly and then suddenly the whole thing just turns off. I power the Leds with a 5V power supply and the Teensy with my Laptop via Micro USB.
Thanks,
Kindest Regards,
Florian

We need a lot more information.
How have you wired it up?
Do you have a common ground between powersupply and Arduino.
What size is your decoupling capacitor and resistor?

Hey, thanks for your quick answer!

I just wired the Prop Shield GND to LED strip GND, LED_CLK to Led Strip CLK, LED_DAT to Led Strip DI, 5V to Led Strip Vcc, and that is about it. The Teensy, that sits on top of the Prop Shield ist powered with a Micro Usb Cable coming from my Laptop.
Thanks,
Florian

I just wired the Prop Shield GND to LED strip GND, LED_CLK to Led Strip CLK, LED_DAT to Led Strip DI, 5V to Led Strip Vcc, and that is about it.

Words don't really cut it when it comes to wiring connections.
If those words are accurate, and I doubt it, you have not connected the 5V ground to the rest of the system.

It does sound like you are trying to take too much current through a regulator and it is overheating.

Hey, thank you so much for your answer! I used my Lab Power Supply for testing and it did work. It drew over 2 A so...
Greetings, F