Go Down

Topic: Tried everything in the help page and on the other forum, still nothing works. (Read 281 times) previous topic - next topic

am3545

So when I attempt to upload to my Elegoo Uno R3 from the chrome editor, I get this 'Sending 3020: receiveData timeout after 400ms' and when I try it on the windows IDE I just get a vague error message telling me to go to a link to troubleshoot. I've tried four different computers, two cables, three versions of the IDE (Windows store, Online editor, and IDE downloaded from the site), trying a completely different ATMega328, and god knows how many USB ports, but I still get the error message. It was working yesterday, but then five minutes after uploading a code I tried to upload a modified version of it and I was hit with the 'Sending 3020' thing. I was about to make this post like 20 minutes ago until I tried to upload once more and it actually worked. I had already taken apart my circuit, so I put it back together to use the code that I had made. When it was all back together, I decided to change up something in it and when I tried to upload this time, guess what happened. 'Sending 3020: receiveData timeout after 400ms', that's what. I know it's not the code that's faulty because I tried to upload some examples and even just the blank format and I still got the error. My theory is that it's the board since it's not by Arduino, but I'm not gonna just give up yet and go buy a new one that's actually made by them. Not until I know that's the issue. Just to restate the title: I've tried everything on the forums and the page that I was directed to from the IDE, but nothing worked. If someone could please help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

AWOL

Can we have that again please, but this time with some details and some line breaks?

am3545

Can we have that again please, but this time with some details and some line breaks?
I'm being as specific as the error messages.

I have tried everything on the other forums and the help page that I was directed to

I have tried 4 different computers

I have tried 2 cables

I have tried 3 IDE's

Nothing has worked.

pert

Using the standard Arduino IDE, please do this:
  • File > Preferences
  • Uncheck the box next to Show verbose output during: > compilation.
  • Check the box next to Show verbose output during: > upload.
  • Click "OK".
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar).

am3545

Using the standard Arduino IDE, please do this:
  • File > Preferences
  • Uncheck the box next to Show verbose output during: > compilation.
  • Check the box next to Show verbose output during: > upload.
  • Click "OK".
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar).

Code: [Select]

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows Store 1.8.19.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 1592 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.19.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.19.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM4 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\murph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_280062/Button_LED_Code.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.19.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM4
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Go Up