Go Down

Topic: Can your help with programming?, i pay 20$ (Read 504 times) previous topic - next topic

nik19

Hey everyone,

i am new in this community and have no idea how to code the following:

I want to develop a device which can differenciate between a clap and a snap. It has to exactly know okay this is a clap and this is a snap now.
For that I bought me a Arduino uno and a mic. The goal is to turn on the lights by snapping and play music by clapping. The device needs to register the sound, differenciate: okay this is a snap and now i let the energy flow threw so that the lights go on.

I do not have the time to learn how to code all this but i would pay 20$ in crypto or Paypal for anyone who can write me this code!

Thanks so much for your help:)!

Nik

Grumpy_Mike

Sorry but I don't think this is possible especially with the
It has to exactly know okay this is a clap
criteria.

Paul_KD7HB

Sorry but I don't think this is possible especially with the criteria.
Certainly not in 15 minutes!

cedarlakeinstruments

Jan 11, 2019, 09:24 pm Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019, 09:28 pm by cedarlakeinstruments
Kinda gives "race to the bottom" a new meaning!

Although to be fair, if you don't know (a) what software development costs and (b) how difficult/easy it is to do something, you may as well throw out a low number and hope for the best.

@nik19:
You are asking for a difficult sound recognition task. It's certainly doable, but your $20 offer is probably off by at least three orders of magnitude if it has to be done from scratch. There are a couple of Arduino speech recognition modules that may be able to do the job cheaply, but I don't know how good they are.
Electronics and firmware/software design and assistance. No project too small

Grumpy_Mike

It's certainly doable
Well I would disagree with that, I think it is impossible.

There are a couple of Arduino speech recognition modules that may be able to do the job cheaply
I doubt that they will work at all.

Paul_KD7HB

Hey everyone,

i am new in this community and have no idea how to code the following:

I want to develop a device which can differenciate between a clap and a snap. It has to exactly know okay this is a clap and this is a snap now.
For that I bought me a Arduino uno and a mic. The goal is to turn on the lights by snapping and play music by clapping. The device needs to register the sound, differenciate: okay this is a snap and now i let the energy flow threw so that the lights go on.

I do not have the time to learn how to code all this but i would pay 20$ in crypto or Paypal for anyone who can write me this code!

Thanks so much for your help:)!

Nik
You may not have the time to learn programming, but you have time to display both on a recording oscilloscope to you have something to relate to while discussing the program with someone.

Paul

wvmarle

Did you already try to make some recordings (ask a dozen people do do a "snap" and a "clap" for you) and then see if your EARS can reliably distinguish between the two?

If not, there's not much chance even the most advanced sound processing can do the same.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up