Speed sensor hack/odometer kilometers boost AFK on my russian motorcycle

Hello,
couple years ago I purchased an cheap motorcycle from Russia and last week I busted the pcb on the digital tachometer. The thing is that this motorcycle is really simply build and doesn't have any board computer. The Odometer status was saved on the tachometer itself and when I purchased a new one then my kilometers are 0.000km.
I need to get back on 588201.43km since it my country it would be seen as Odometer manipulation and that is illegal (almost everywhere in the word).

Now I took my battery powered, hot glued an magnet to an stick that is used in ice cream and glued the stick on a peace of pencil which I put into my drill. I could maximally simulate a speed of 17-19km/h but when I went above 21kmh then the speedometer gave me an error and turned itself off because the engine was not running.

The thing is that I the method with the drill is very time consuming and if I do the method with running the engine with the first gear in then I will definitely die because of the co2 in the garage. I can't keep it outside since someone will seal it.

Can you guys help me?
I would actually need an electromagnetic emulator script which allows me to just tape an electromagnet to the speed sensor and randomly sends a signal to some electromagnet which lets me emulate a speed between 15-18kmh.

I own two Arduino Nano's which I would also prefer to use.

Should I also attach some heat sink to the Arduino nano while running this script? I will keep everything running in my garage continuously for a week and I think that it will overheat if there is no way to dissipate the heat and also no cold air blowing on it.

Sry for my English, I'm still learning it (by myself) since I did't had any English lessons in my middle school back in 2011.

This is how the sensor looks like but mine is directly connected to the speedometer and is probably soldered inside of the speedometer. I actually don't know exactly if its really soldered or just with small connector because if I open the case then I loose the water resistance.

If it's relevant then I already could get 17.832km on the odometer with the power tool and hot glued magnet trick but the battery goes after 30minuter empty and I have to recharge it externally since it's an old Makita one with external charging dock.

I bet your country is like every other country in that you can notify the vehicle licensing people that you have replaced the old odometer with a new one and give them the readings off the old one and the readings of the new one. Happens all the time around here.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
I bet your country is like every other country in that you can notify the vehicle licensing people that you have replaced the old odometer with a new one and give them the readings off the old one and the readings of the new one. Happens all the time around here.

Paul

Yeah but this can be easily detected if you drive to the checkup of your vehicle.
At Poland I'm going to PKS car checkup center then they are checking the odometer, VIN numbers and even the board computer version via OBD2 connector (if the vehicle has one). When I drive with my tractor to check then they even check if there are some marks from a drill on the analog odometer.

Yeah but this can be easily detected if you drive to the checkup of your vehicle.

You misunderstood the suggestion.

In most countries, there are perfectly legal ways to replace the odometer. You might have to carry around an official document, so check with your local authorities.

jremington:
You misunderstood the suggestion.

In most countries, there are perfectly legal ways to replace the odometer. You might have to carry around an official document, so check with your local authorities.

The thing is that I can only verify the mileage by an video from my helmet camera but they don't accept this because it could be a video from five years or even just downloaded from internet and the old odometer is completely dead. the odometer was not an analog one, it was digital like the speedometer, gas indicator and the icons that are shown if your bike is turned off, indicators are turned on, the cooling liquid temperature too high or if the oil level is too low.

PrycFryc:
The thing is that I can only verify the mileage by an video from my helmet camera but they don't accept this because it could be a video from five years or even just downloaded from internet and the old odometer is completely dead. the odometer was not an analog one, it was digital like the speedometer, gas indicator and the icons that are shown if your bike is turned off, indicators are turned on, the cooling liquid temperature too high or if the oil level is too low.

Then i don't understand how an Arduino forum for hobby people can help.

Paul

Yep, one of those difficult, real life problems.

is my english really that hard to understand?

I already asked for something which is definetly arduino related..

PrycFryc:
Can you guys help me?
I would actually need an electromagnetic emulator script which allows me to just tape an electromagnet to the speed sensor and randomly sends a signal to some electromagnet which lets me emulate a speed between 15-18kmh.

In other words I have this little magnet and I need some script which activates for a couple of milliseconds.

If it's helping then I think that the "Blink" script that was at Arduino Library, could be reprogrammed in order to work with this electric magnet and an arduino nano.

My electromagnet arduino module https://www.ebay.de/itm/Keyestudio-Electromagnet-Magnetic-Sensor-Module-fur-Arduino-DE/132877080690?hash=item1ef0175872:g:YtwAAOSwOWdcAmgZ:rk:1:pf:0

PrycFryc:
is my english really that hard to understand?

I already asked for something which is definetly arduino related..

In other words I have this little magnet and I need some script which activates for a couple of milliseconds.

If it's helping then I think that the "Blink" script that was at Arduino Library, could be reprogrammed in order to work with this electric magnet and an arduino nano.

My electromagnet arduino module https://www.ebay.de/itm/Keyestudio-Electromagnet-Magnetic-Sensor-Module-fur-Arduino-DE/132877080690?hash=item1ef0175872:g:YtwAAOSwOWdcAmgZ:rk:1:pf:0

We would gladly help you debug your equipment and program if we can see it and you tell us the problems with it. But, this is not a free programming or electronic design service. You need to spend the time and effort.

Paul

How does the motorcycle know whether it's running or not? Is it a matter of powering up the ECU? Is there an ECU, is it fuel injected? Maybe what you can do is defeat this then you can just send pulses and not even bother with a drill and magnet.

A hall effect sensor just outputs a voltage relative to the strength of a magnetic field.
There’s no need to spin anything if you can turn the magnet on & off.
At most you’d need a 555 configured as a square wave oscillator, and a power transistor such as MJE3055T
to switch an electromagnet that you can wind yourself with a nail and copper wire (or use a solenoid).