Go Down

Topic: Problem with SoftwareSerial library and MKR1010 WiFi (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic

andrestriker

Hi everyone!
I am using a MKR1010 WiFi to control a dust sensor for a project.
The last time I edited the libraries (20th December) everything worked really well, the software was ok and I was able to test it for weeks.

Now I wanted to edit some lines but I can't even re-compile the very same code.

I get the following error code:

Code: [Select]
In file included from C:\Users\utente\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Nova_Fitness_Sds_dust_sensors_library\src/SdsDustSensor.h:30:0,

from C:\Users\utente\Documents\Arduino\sketch_dimo\sketch_dimo.ino:6:

C:\Users\utente\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Nova_Fitness_Sds_dust_sensors_library\src/SdsDustSensorResults.h:5:28: fatal error: SoftwareSerial.h: No such file or directory

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

^

compilation terminated.

I searched online for this kind of error that looks to be related to that missing file, and it looks like it shouldn't be there for boards like the MKR1010 WiFi.

I'm sure I didn't change anything in the libraries in this period, I only completed the updates the IDE suggested.

How can I make everything work again and if that is the problem, bypass the SoftwareSerial library?

Thank you in advance.

Delta_G

I only completed the updates the IDE suggested
Rule number one with any software, update when YOU need to.  Not when the program tells you to.  This goes triple if you are in a Windows environment. 

If things are working and you don't know the purpose of the update, then skip it.  Like grand-daddy used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.". 

Remember, the latest version is where the unknown bugs are.  The ones that you have to discover the hard way and the ones that don't have documented solutions.  Three or four versions ago is the one where at least the bugs and their fixes are known. 

It's likely that one of those updates moved files around or loaded a new libraries folder.  You'll have to figure out which version you were on before and which now and see if there is anything in the release notes. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

pert

The last time I edited the libraries (20th December)
What do you mean by "edited the libraries"? Which library did you edit? What did you change about it?

Go Up