Go Down

Topic: Need Help flashing Mega 2560 with new USB firmware. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Ulty

Hello, i recently bought an Arduino Mega 2560 and encounter the Serial communications bug.
I understand that i have to flash my USB firmware to a newer version to get rid of it.
I found some tutorials on doing this, but non of them seem to use the same type of Mega 2560 as i have.

Could someone show me witch pins i have to short circuit to properly reset the 8U2 serial port chip to enable the "DFU" programming mode ?

hugo007

Read this topic
I already have that problem to
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,56926.0.html
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

Ulty

Apr 27, 2011, 04:54 pm Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 04:56 pm by Ulty Reason: 1
I red your post but couldn´t find any information on witch pins I have to short circuit to enable the "DFU" programming mode.
In the following guide i found some information about witch pins i have to short circuit, but the layout of my Mega 2560 looks a bit different.
There are 4 possible places to bridge the connection at the green square on the Mega 2560 i´m using.

So if someone could show me in the second picture i posted witch pins i have to bridge than that would be great :D

http://www.wayneandlayne.com/blog/2011/02/16/fixing-linux-firmware-issues-on-arduino-mega-2560/

draythomp

First, I don't have an answer to your problem, but I do understand what you're describing.  It looks like you have 4 solder pads where the picture with the instructions shows only two.  In your case, there is even a set of pads in exactly the equivalent position, but another set of pads to the right.  Extremely confusing. 

What you may try is to check out where the pads go with an ohm meter and compare it to the function of the pads on the instructions.  That's assuming no one steps up and helps.

hugo007

You could also try to look in the shematics of the Mega and with a multimeter find the right pads
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

Ulty

i tried withe the pins shown in the picture and it worked.

serial communication is working fine now  :)

Go Up