Go Down

Topic: ArduinoMega 2560 Clone Bootloader not working (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic

stevinho42

hey guys,

i'm trying to get my own pcb running , but i have a problem regarding the 2560 bootloader.
I try to get my Atmega2560 running as a ArduinoMega Clone but i didn't noticed that my PCB is running on 3.3V with an 8 MHz Crystal and the ArduinoMega is running on 16 Mhz with 5V. So i checked how to manipulate the bootloader file and found out that I have to edit the board.txt file.
So after editing the frequency to 8Mhz and the baudrate to 56,7k bps the bootloader is still not running. Any suggestions what i can do next?

I'm currently using the avr dragon to flash my pcb , but i want to get it running on the arduino IDE , if i want to change or reprogramm my atmega.

The error message from avrdude is :
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

pert

The first thing you should know is that the ATmega2560 is not rated to run at less than 16 MHz, nor at less than 4.5 V (See Figure 31-4 in the datasheet). It is likely possible to run the the chip outside its rated limits but you also might encounter problems from doing this. Note that the ATmega2560V is rated to run at 8 MHz with Vcc of 3.3 V.

So i checked how to manipulate the bootloader file and found out that I have to edit the board.txt file.

I'm currently using the avr dragon to flash my pcb , but i want to get it running on the arduino IDE
These two statements don't make sense together. If you're not using the Arduino IDE, then how do changed to boards.txt have any relevance? Please provide more details about what you're doing.

Go Up