Go Down

Topic: Blind reprogramming (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cowasaki

Not sure which section this would go under BUT once I get a sketch working is there any way I can save the sketch as an image which I could email to someone else.  Then the other person can run a batch file to upload it OR a simple uploader program which detects the arduino and asks for a file then writes it out.

johnwasser

So you want someone to be able to load your sketch into an Arduino without having the Arduino IDE or your source code?

Hold down the shift key while clicking on Verify and one of the last lines in the verbose output is the location of the .hex file.  Send that.  Then all they need is an installation of 'avrdude' to upload it to an Arduino (which must be very close to the type you have).
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

cmiyc

Depending on which Arduino you have, it might be easier to have the remote person install the Arduino IDE.  Once installed and configured, you can send the PDE file.  Then they would just open it and click "upload."

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

cowasaki

John,

Thanks that is really helpful.  I have located the .hex file, what is the installation of avrdude that you speak of?  Is this seperate from the Arduino installation.

johnwasser

avrdude is an AVR ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programmer) program.  One of the protocols it can use is the STK500 V1 protocol that the bootloader uses.  If you hold down the shift key when clicking on "Upload" you should see the avrdude command that does the upload.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up