Go Down

Topic: WS2813 led strip (only one led is shinning) (Read 488 times) previous topic - next topic

Niffty_

Im using WS2813 strip with arduino uno, but only one led is shinning. Every time I tried different wiring or code, only one led is on (full brightness-white). This led is shinning even if I unplug both DATA and CLOCK pins. I wanted to make sound reacting led strip, but I cant even get the whole strip to shine.

higgins91

check your cables,
All GNDs must be connected.
There are only 2 wires that leave the UNO, there is one missing? (Data+CLOCK+GND)

Niffty_

check your cables,
All GNDs must be connected.
There are only 2 wires that leave the UNO, there is one missing? (Data+CLOCK+GND)
On some thread they said you should connect CLOCK and DATA to one pin, but I also tried the version with both clock and data connected to two pins on arduino.

The problem is maybe in a current, but even with low current at least few of those leds should light up.

boolrules

The WS2813 has two data inputs.  They take the same, identical signal.
As far as I know, you can hook up one or both of them
Just use one output from your Arduino and jumper both inputs to that output.

Grumpy_Mike

May 28, 2019, 08:38 pm Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:39 pm by Grumpy_Mike
but even with low current at least few of those leds should light up.
No.
If you are trying to drive too much current for the power supply the voltage will drop and the signal from the Arduino can damage the strip if there is not a sufficiently high series resistor in the data line/s.
This affects all LEDs equally, because they are all powered in parallel. That is how electricity works.

Go Up