[Solved] Problem uploading to Arduino Fio V3

Hello. So I hve an Arduino Fio I need to program for a school project, But I'm having trouble uploading the bare minimum to the board. I feel like every time I get my hands on a new Arduino board, I always have to spend the next day just trying to connect to the thing.
I have the Arduino Fio V3 from Sparkfun (found here Fio v3 - ATmega32U4 - DEV-11520 - SparkFun Electronics)
My board is set to Arduino Fio, my port is correct, my programmer is ArduinoISP. It uploads and then never finishes, or quits out with the message "Programmer is not responding". I go into the Firmware updater and I click my port and hit "Test connection" and it tells me it cannot connect to the port I'm using. I'm so frustrated with constantly spending hours trying to connect on different Arduino boards so if someone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I think I need a specific bootloader but I dont know where to find it or how to install it.

I got it after finally finding this link. Pro Micro & Fio V3 Hookup Guide - SparkFun Learn

I'm glad to see you found a solution. Thanks for taking the time to provide an update.